Our local hero, I am thankful that Ilive in the United states and there are those who protect our freedom
Here’s an opportunity to celebrate the life and the memory of SPC Brittany Gordon. The daughter of St. Petersburg Assistant Police Chief Cedric Gordon and Brenda Gordon was killed Oct. 13 in Kandahar, Afghanistan by an improvised explosive device.
St. Pete’s H.O.T. (Helping Our Troops) is looking to honor Gordon at their annual box packing event. The public can participate in several ways:
- Volunteer day of to pack boxes & complete customs forms (lunch and refreshments provided)
- Do a drive to raise goods needed by those deployed
- Raise shipping funds or donate www.stpeteshot.com
- Donate items for a care basket to be presented to Brittany’s parents
- Write letters of encouragement or have your kids or their schools make cards
The Boxes for Heroes packing event is set Dec. 1, 2012, a Saturday, between noon and 3 p.m. at Davidoff Of Geneva, 3001 Gateway Centre Parkway, Pinellas Park, FL.
View original post 9 more words